5 Saplings, LLC is educated and experienced in diagnosing tree problems. I offer solutions for the insects and diseases that affect your trees and shrubs.
What 5 Saplings, LLC does:
- Before treating your tree or shrub, I will first inspect your tree or shrub to make a positive diagnosis of the problem.
- After diagnosis, I treat your trees with the right product at the right time to target the problem. I use the minimum amount of product necessary to give you maximum control.
Insect species can be found on all parts of tree and shrubs from leaves, stems, and branches; roots; and flowers and fruit of landscape plants. But not all insects on trees and shrubs are damaging. Some are beneficial and may help pollinate flowers or could be predators or parasites on insects that damage plants.
Numerous insects or arthropods damage trees and shrubs in our area such as:
- Emerald ash borer
- Bark beetles
- Tent caterpillars
- Flat-headed borers including bronze birch borer, and two-lined chestnut borer
- Spider mites
- Scale insects
Diseases are abnormalities in trees and shrubs caused by microorganisms such as fungi and bacteria and by environmental stress such as drought, temperature extremes, and air pollution. Diagnosis of plant problems can be a difficult and at times impossible task. The goal is a correct diagnosis so that management procedures can be implemented successfully.
Numerous diseases that threaten or damage landscape plants in our area such as:
- Oak wilt
- Phytophthora root rot
- Dutch elm disease
- Hemlock wool adelgid
- Verticillium wilt
- Iron and manganese chlorosis
Plant Health Care Management Plans
Plant Health Care is an emerging landscape management tool that uses a pro-active and holistic approach to managing tree and shrub health. The goal is to obtain and maintain a healthy growing environment. The results are healthier plants and better aesthetics. Techniques have been developed to help change the ‘crisis management’ approach to landscape management.
The same principles of human health management are used in Plant Health Care:
- Preventive care for stress management
- Frequent monitoring
- Early detection of problems
- Informed decision making
- Integrated treatments to provide long-term, stable solutions
- And contact and communication with client
Timely visits and record keeping enable a Plant Health Care Program to offer many advantages.
- Pest problems may be recognized and treated early on before they advance and adversely affect tree health
- Disease problems can be diagnosed and in many cases, treated before causing irreversible damage
- Safety issues can be recognized possibly preventing future injury
Plant Health Diagnostics
- Plant identification
- Insect/arthropod identification
- Plant health and problem assessments
- Plant tissue analysis for disease and disorders
- Tree structure evaluations
- Soil nutrient, pH, and organic matter analysis
- Soil drainage assessments
- Soil density analysis (soil compaction)
Trees are valuable community assets, helping clean the air, reduce storm water runoff, decrease energy use and costs, and increase property values. An inventory gives you the data you need to determine the species, quantity, quality, and health of the trees you manage or own. The objective is to develop a maintenance program that meets your budgeting goals.